On another (old) web site, I posted 20 Things I Learned and Re-Learned while Riding Yesterday. My friend Michel and his wife Hannamari bought a Buddy 150 Scooter earlier this year and they’ve let me ride it a few times.
So I thought I’d write up a similar piece to the above.
1) Let’s get the obvious out of the way. I’m 6’3″ and 260lbs. Yes, I look completely ridiculous on the Buddy. Hell, I outweigh it by 40lbs! I probably look like a bear on a unicycle…
2) When you outweigh the vehicle you’re riding, you have to be really careful to be smooth and not jerk around.
4) Most other riders won’t wave to you when you’re on a scooter.
5) Scooters are damn cute!
6) Pretty girls are still distracting when you’re on a scooter.
9) The brakes on a scooter are scary bad when you outweigh it.
10) Scooter suspension sucks
11) 40mph is just as much fun on a scooter as it is on a motorcycle.
12) I’ll never see 75mph on this scooter
13) The tiny wheels on a scooter make railroad and tramway tracks even scarier than on a motorcycle.
14) This review of the Buddy 150 is hilarious and proves the old cliche “everything is relative”. The reviewer says the Buddy is “really, really quick” and the brakes are “strong, progressive brakes”. I would strongly disagree with both of those descriptions. 🙂
15) It took longer to get my gear off than it did to fill the gas tank.
16) If you’re thirsty on a motorcycle and see a bunch of bikes parked at a Starbucks, you’ll stop there. On a scooter….you keep going…